I saw this post from a blog I follow, Nancy’s Point, and I thought it would be a fun challenge…to tell each of you 15 random facts about me that you may not know (although, it was a challenge in and of itself to find random facts that I didn’t already write about in my book or share on my blog). If you blog, write, or just want to share 15 random facts about yourself then please repost and share your blog or list it in the comments, I'd love to learn a little more about you as well! Here we go…
15 random things:
1. I love to sing loudly in the car. Especially when stuck in traffic.
2. I am completely tone deaf – therefore my singing will only be done in the car – and alone.
3. Whenever I hear Bohemian Rhapsody I go full-on Wayne’s World….no matter where I am – (there have been witnesses to this).
4. I’m fascinated by paranormal, UFO, unexplained and fringe stories - real x-files stuff. Absolutely love it!
5. I sleep with a little old transistor radio under my pillow and listen to talk programs through the night (typically regarding the bizarre subject matter listed in #4) – it’s like having someone tell you a bedtime story and I find it to be very soothing. (My grandmother used to do this too).
6. I can tie a knot in a cherry stem using just my tongue. This party trick would keep my kids endlessly entertained when they were little and we were waiting for our food in restaurants.
7. If I could, I would throw my career away like an old tissue, move to an island and bartend. And I must fantasize about this at least twice a day...
8. I’m writing another book – this one is fiction. It’s taking me forever and is much harder than I thought it would be, but, I know it’s a good story and I’m determined to finish it.
9. I hate talking on the phone. I much prefer getting together real time.
10. I am the most annoying person on the planet to sit next to when the following movies are on; Jaws, A Fish Called Wanda, Grease, The Princess Bride, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, St. Elmo’s Fire, and The Birdcage. I repeat every line (and in some cases dance every dance).
11. Even if I live to be 90, Sid Vicious’ version of My Way is to be played at my memorial service. This is actually listed in my signed legal documents.
12. I cannot fall asleep unless the bedroom is completely cave dark.
13. I say bless you to my dog every time she sneezes.
14. I find the taste and smell of root beer revolting.
15. I don’t leave the house if I haven’t drawn on my eyebrows (no – they never came back after chemo).
So there you have it - a little bit more about yours truly and my twisted little world!